Doing an investment banking course will be an advantage to individuals who are new to the industry, or in a support position, who wish to understand the ‘broad view’ of investment banking and the associations among investment banks and their clientele. The big thing about the course is that it is intended for those who wish to thrive in their professional life. It fits most professions that are in the fields of finance, operations, accounting, management and IT. The subjects are related to these professions, but it’s not industry specific. The key criteria are willingness to learn and dedicate the time to master it. Who should go for this course?
Investment banking courses have a wider range of interesting subjects, which include asset management, risk management, proprietary trading and the investment bank structure. Firstly, there's the three year full time Bachelors course in finance which is offered at Universities globally. Employers offer ample resources for training their staff in this area, but a Bachelor's degree is usually expected for most investment banking graduate jobs. This doesn't necessarily have to be in a finance related subject, it should have a strong math’s focus, in a subject such as business, economics or management.
Online learning gives you the same opportunities in your academic, personal and professional aspirations as in classroom education. However, studying online means you can study the (e-learning/self learning) course of your choice without having to travel to far locations or thoroughly adjusting your lifestyle thus giving you benefit on both saving time and money.
The self paced nature of online learning enables you to control the tempo of your learning by accessing materials and studying from wherever and whenever you have time in your busy schedule; that’s of a great importance for online learning to both students and professionals thus making flexibility a key factor. The fast changing modern life means that people increasingly have greater demands placed upon them, be it their social life or employment. Fortunately, online learning gives us the break to study around these existing errands by choosing our time and space.
With technologies evolving so swiftly, the modern banking professionals and students need to stay on top of the most important changes happening in investment banking trends and topics. Online learning courses are updated to reflect the latest changes, meaning students and professionals will always be on top of the latest ideas and topics making ripples in business.
With fewer expenses and physical costs (traveling) than in classroom courses, online learning offers learners lower fees as compared to regular programs making them a time friendly and cost effective way to up skill and get ahead in their professional careers.
1. Certified Public Accountant (CPA): This certification is a higher accounting accreditation that is given by the reputed American Institute of Certified Public Accountants to professionals in the finance and accounting industry.
2. Chartered Financial Analyst certification (CFA): This certification is a well recognized finance certification. This certification is given by the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute to professionals. In order to meet the criteria, one needs to appear for the CFA exam that tests an individual on his expertise in finance and knowledge.
3. Investment Banking Certification: This course is introduced by “Mindcypress” and is best suited for professionals and students in the same field. You will be surprised how many variations there are between the finance that you learned in business school and how things are actually done or behind the scenes of the companies working in investment banking and finance.
4. Financial Modeling Certification: FMC is another important and widely acknowledged finance certification. This certification trains the financing experts to make real models to understand investment analysis and financial accounts by evaluating several situations to arrive at ideal business solutions and assist them in making better choices based on the past data.
5. Financial Risk Manager (FRM): This certification is among the most usually accepted qualifications in this field. It is a really well developed course that is also updated accordingly to fit in any new developments and improvements on the subjects of quantitative analysis and risk management.
At MindCypress.com, we offer multiple courses in the finance category which can help you get prepared for these certifications.